Northern Tier Staff Experience
“There is a specific moment in my adolescence that was so profound, it fundamentally changed me. When I experienced Northern Tier as a youth, I learned real lessons about who I was and who I could become. As a Northern Tier staff member, I have the distinguished honor and privilege to create in others a defining moment that will live in them forever and may even have the power to fundamentally change them as well.”
Congratulations on making the decision to join the Northern Tier Staff! This page includes resources to help prepare you for your time at Northern Tier, as well as making your summer experience all you hoped for!
- Pay attention to your notifications from Workbright. Having your employment paperwork completed and in order before arrival will make your check in smooth.
- Read and Understand your NTIER Seasonal Staff Handbook. If you have not yet received it in the mail, you will. You can also access it at the link provided.
- Our past staff have reviewed the packing lists for both Trail Staff and Base Staff and have updated them to make sure you have what you need when you arrive. You can review those updated lists here:
- There are two group communication tools you can use to talk with other hired staff, ask questions, make and make transportation arrangements. If you have not yet received invitations to these resources you can email email@example.com and will will get you added.
- 2019 Northern Tier Summer Staff Facebook Group
- 2019 Northern Tier Summer Staff GroupMe
Benefits of Northern Tier Staff
The New York Times published an article highlighting the benefits of working with a program like Northern Tier. Read the article here.
Since 2013, Northern Tier has been fortunate to have Midshipmen from the US Naval Academy serve as Interpreters throughout the summer. Some of the Midshipmen from 2014 collaborated on a terrific article about their time at Northern Tier that truly speaks to the NT Staff Experience. Read the article here.