Leave No Trace Master Educator
August 15-21, 2021
A deposit of $100 is due upon registration, the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to arrival.
All food, housing, class materials, and group gear are provided. Participants will be required to provide personal gear similar to what is required on a standard Northern Tier trek.
Participants also receive:
- 1 year membership in Leave No Trace
- Master Educator Handbook
- Skills and Ethics booklet
- Ethics reference card (hangtag) set
- BSA outdoor ethics program handouts
- Master Educator Patch
- Northern Tier souvenir
- A wilderness canoeing experience!
A shuttle from Minneapolis airport is available for an additional $130 per person.
Northern Tier Contact:
Abby Wilkes, 218 365-4811
Mark Hammer, 970 227-6562
Course Schedule – Aug 15-21:
- Sunday: Plan to Arrive: 1:00-3:00, Checkin, Orientation, Dinner, Course Introduction
- Monday: Classroom Instruction & Activities, Trek Planning and Preparation
- Tuesday: Pack Up and Start the Paddling Trek
- Tuesday afternoon – Friday morning: On Trek: Application and practice of Leave No Trace and teaching skills.
- Friday: Return to canoe base, Additional Instruction Topics, Individual Action Plans Graduation
Evening Campwide Rendezvous,
- Saturday morning: Depart for home
Adult Canoe Trips
- Have you ever wondered what the fun is all about?
- Do you want to be able to promote the Northern Tier program to your Scouts while speaking from experience?
- Did you attend Northern Tier as a youth and just want to do it again?
- Did you never get to attend as a youth and want the chance?
Northern Tier will be offering their traditional Wilderness Canoe Trek out of the Sommers Canoe Base in Ely, MN for adults only on select treks in the 2021 summer. This opportunity is open to those age 18 and older.