The following is a list of required paperwork, a selection of optional trip choices, and a wide variety of useful information. Please read very carefully.
Step 1: Financial Planning
- Payment Schedule
- Campership Application Scholarships are available for participants with financial need
- Make a RESERVATION Today!
Step 2: Park Selection, Permitting, and Border Crossing
- Selecting Your Park – Quetico or Crown Lands?
- Passport – All participants who visit Canada must have a Passport
- International Travel
- Parental Release Form
- When One Signature is all you have.
Step 3: Canoe Rentals
Standard outfitting at Northern Tier includes Kevlar canoes (less than 50 pounds). For a discount of $30 per canoe per day, Aluminum canoes (75 pounds) can be rented.
- Lightweight Canoe reservations are handled through the online registration system.
View your confirmation email for details or contact Northern Tier directly. firstname.lastname@example.org
or (218) 365-4811
Step 4: Preparing for Northern Tier
- 2020 Advisors Planning Guide Part 1 (All adults must read)
- Atikokan Advisors Planning Guide – Part 2
- 2020 Participant Handbook (All participants must read)
- Atikokan Transportation and Lodging Options
- Sites and Attractions
Step 5: Required Documents
The following documents must be absolutely complete upon arrival on base:
- Health and Medical Record – Every participant must have an up-to-date “Health and Medical Record.” They must meet all health restrictions to be permitted to go on trail.
- Swim Classification Form – Leaders and participants must complete a swim test prior to arrival at a Northern Tier base. Each leader and participant must be rated a “Swimmer” using the BSA swim text.
- Crew Roster 2020 – Must be submitted prior to arrival
- Crew Roster 2021 – Must be submitted prior to arrival
- Wilderness First-Aid Training – At least one adult advisor must have proof (completion certificate) of BSA approved Wilderness First Aid training. Minimum WFA course length is 16-hours.
- CPR Training – At least one adult advisor must have proof (completion certificate) of CPR Training
- BSA E-certifications – At least one adult advisor must have proof of training (completion certificates) in each of the following BSA E-certifications: Hazardous Weather, Safety Afloat, and Safe Swim Defense. All Adult Advisors must have proof of training in Youth Protection.
- Fishing Licenses – If your crew wants to fish you will need to purchase the appropriate license.
- Ontario Licenses- 18 years of age and older are required to have an Ontario fishing license. These can be purchased in advance or at the Trading Post upon arrival. Scouts under the age of 18 can fish under a licensed adult. LEARN MORE
Step 6: Trip Planning Resources:
- Step 1: Financial Planning
- Step 2: Park Selection, Permitting, and Border Crossing
- Step 3: Canoe Rentals
- Step 4: Preparing for Northern Tier
- Step 5: Required Documents
- Step 6: Trip Planning Resources