The following is a list of required paperwork, a selection of optional trip choices, and a wide variety of useful information. Please read very carefully.
Step 1: Financial Planning
- Payment Schedule
- Campership Application Scholarships are available for participants with financial need
- Make a RESERVATION Today!
Step 2:International Travel – Border Crossing
- Passport – All participants who visit Canada must have a Passport
- International Travel
- Parental Release Form
- When One Signature is all you have.
Step 3: Float Plane Reservation
- Call Northern Tier Office to confirm dates for float plane trip
- Call Bluewater Aviation to reserve your float plane trip (204-367-2762)
Step 4: Preparing for Northern Tier
- 2020 Advisors Planning Guide Part 1 (All adults must read)
- 2020 Bissett Advisors Planning Guide – Part 2
- 2020 Participant Handbook (All participants must read)
- Bissett Transportation and Lodging Options
Step 5: Required Documents
The following documents must be absolutely complete upon arrival on base:
- Health and Medical Record – Every participant must have an up-to-date “Health and Medical Record.” They must meet all health restrictions to be permitted to go on trail.
- Swim Classification Form – Leaders and participants must complete a swim test prior to arrival at a Northern Tier base. Each leader and participant must be rated a “Swimmer” using the BSA swim text.
- Crew Roster – Must be submitted prior to arrival
- Wilderness First-Aid Training – At least one adult advisor must have proof (completion certificate) of BSA approved Wilderness First Aid training. Minimum WFA course length is 16-hours.
- CPR Training – At least one adult advisor must have proof (completion certificate) of CPR Training
- BSA E-certifications – At least one adult advisor must have proof of training (completion certificates) in each of the following BSA e-certifications: Hazardous Weather, Safety Afloat, and Safe Swim Defense. All Adult Advisors must have proof of training in Youth Protection.
- Fishing Licenses – If your crew wants to fish you will need to purchase the appropriate license.
- Manitoba Licenses- 16 years of age and older are required to have a Manitoba fishing license. These can be purchased in advance or in route to base (notice: Fishing Licenses cannot be bought from the Bissett base). Scouts under the age of 16 can fish under a licensed adult. LEARN MORE
Step 6: Trip Planning Resources