Bissett, MB Base


Bissett will be offering standard 8-night and 10-night trips departing on regular intervals throughout the summer.  You can see the full schedule here:

When reading the schedule note the following:
  • You will arrive at Northern Tier on the date designated on the schedule.
  • Your first night will be in a cabin on base.
  • Your final night will be in a cabin on base and you will depart for home on the date noted on the schedule.
  • All nights in between will be spent on-water. 

The following is a list of required paperwork, a selection of optional trip choices, and a wide variety of useful information. Please read very carefully.

Step 1: Financial Planning

Step 2:International Travel – Border Crossing

Step 3: Float Plane Reservation

Step 4: Preparing for Northern Tier

Step 5: Required Documents

The following documents must be absolutely complete upon arrival on base:

  • Health and Medical Record – Every participant must have an up-to-date “Health and Medical Record.” They must meet all health restrictions to be permitted to go on trail.
  • Swim Classification Form – Leaders and participants must complete a swim test prior to arrival at a Northern Tier base. Each leader and participant must be rated a “Swimmer” using the BSA swim text.
  • Crew Roster – Must be submitted prior to arrival
  • Wilderness First-Aid Training – At least one adult advisor must have proof (completion certificate) of BSA approved Wilderness First Aid training. Minimum WFA course length is 16-hours.
  • CPR Training – At least one adult advisor must have proof (completion certificate) of CPR Training
  • BSA E-certifications – At least one adult advisor must have proof of training (completion certificates) in each of the following BSA e-certifications: Hazardous Weather, Safety Afloat, and Safe Swim Defense. All Adult Advisors must have proof of training in Youth Protection.
  • Fishing Licenses – If your crew wants to fish you will need to purchase the appropriate license.
    • Manitoba Licenses- 16 years of age and older are required to have a Manitoba fishing license. These can be purchased in advance or in route to base (notice: Fishing Licenses cannot be bought from the Bissett base). Scouts under the age of 16 can fish under a licensed adult. LEARN MORE

Step 6: Trip Planning Resources