The BSA Leave No Trace Master Educator Course provides participants with comprehensive training in Leave No Trace skills and ethics, instruction and practice on effective teaching methods, and information on the important role of outdoor ethics in scouting’s outdoor programs.
This 5-day course features a day of classroom instruction on base,3 days and nights of immersive practical application on a wilderness canoeing trek and a final day of instruction on base.
A major goal for this course is to graduate effective and active Leave No Trace Master Educators who will return to their home council and conduct the key Leave No Trace Trainer courses needed to support their unit, district and council outdoor programs. Course graduates will be able to teach Leave No Trace Trainer courses, BSA Leave No Trace 101 classes, and general Leave No Trace Awareness Workshops.All food, housing, class materials, and group gear will be provided by Northern Tier. Participants will be required to provide personal gear similar to what is required on a standard Northern Tier trek.
Dates:August 11 – 17, 2019
- $325 per person
- A $100 deposit is due with your registration. Balance of fees is due 30 days prior to the start of the course.
- Be a member of the BSA.
- Be at least 18 years of age by the time of the course.
- Be classified as a “swimmer” prior to arrival.
- Meet Northern Tier Height/Weight requirements.
- Provide a current BSA Health and Medical Record signed by a physician (parts A through C including Northern Tier Risk Advisory)