Canoe the beautiful Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness during the fall, taking in the spectacular change of seasons! With the cooler nights and shorter daylight hours the fall season’s annual change of color peaks with vivid red, orange, and yellow, as the maple, birch, oaks, aspen and tamaracks all compete to dazzle your senses.
Enjoy the solitude of remote portages without the big crowds of the busy summer season, and take advantage of the warm, sunny days, without the mosquitoes and black flies! Sit around a crackling, warm campfire during the cool night, as you recall that day’s journey. Camp out under the stars in your sleeping bag, where far away from city lights, you will be able to gaze up at more stars than you have ever seen in your life! And, you may even be lucky enough to witness the awe-inspiring northern lights, as the shimmering red and green displays of the aurora borealis become more frequent in the fall and winter.
2022 Autumn Canoe Trek Dates:
- September 11-17
- September 18-24
- September 25-October 1
- October 2-8
- October 9-15
- October 16-22
- October 23-29
2023 Autumn Canoe Trek Dates:
- September 10-16
- September 17-23
- September 24-30
- October 1-7
- October 8-14
- October 15-21
- October 22-28
- Registration is by crew.
- Each crew must be a minimum of 6 participants and a maximum of 8 participants.
- All participants must be age 14 and older or completed the 8th grade at the time of the trip.
- Each crew must have a minimum of 2 adults and those adults must meet the leadership requirements as determined by the Guide to Safe Scouting and Youth Protection.
- Adults must have completed youth protection training, hazardous weather training and one adult on each crew must have First Aid and CPR training.
Sample Weekly Schedule:
- Arrive at Northern Tier between 1:00 and 3:00 pm, shakedown, outfitting, dinner and orientation
- Breakfast on base, check out canoes and hit the trail!
Tuesday – Thursday:
- Enjoy your time in wilderness!
- Return to Base in the afternoon, check in your gear, dinner on base, closing events
- Breakfast on base and head for home.
Fees and Payment Information:
- Cost for this program is $4,000 per crew.
- A $500 deposit due at reservation
- 30% 60 days later
- Balance due 90 days out
- Northern Tier Refund Policy:
All fees (including deposit) are non-refundable and nontransferable in the event of cancellation. Be cautious of making reservations or paying fees for those who have not made a financial commitment. Northern Tier High Adventure Programs must commit financial resources to employ staff, purchase food and supplies, and prepare for base operations. Participants therefore, are also required to make a financial commitment to attend. Be conservative in making reservations to avoid losing fees due to cancellations.