Northern Tier is the Boy Scouts of America’s gateway to adventure in the Great Northwoods. In the summer, our Scouts age 14 and older, explore millions of acres of pristine lakes, meandering rivers, dense forests and wetlands. Now younger Scouts can get a taste of the adventure!
During the fall, we are giving Scouts age 11 and up a chance to ‘Get Their Feet Wet’ and experience Northern Tier in a more controlled environment and shorter trip. This 4 day Wilderness Canoe Trip is for any Scout age 11 and up and their adult partner. Each trip includes full outfitting (food, crew gear, canoes, PFDs, paddles, and permits) as well as a highly trained staff member, called an Interpreter. Participants will be introduced to the fundamental skills and pleasures of wilderness canoe camping.
2023 Get Your Feet Wet Sessions:
- Sept. 7-10, 2023
- Sept. 15-18, 2023
- Sept. 21-24, 2023
- Sept. 29-Oct. 2, 2023
- Oct. 5-8, 2023
- Oct .13-16, 2023
- Oct. 19-22, 2023
2024 Get Your Feet Wet Sessions:
- Sept. 6-9, 2024
- Sept. 13-16, 2024
- Sept. 20-23, 2024
- Sept. 27-30, 2024
- Oct. 5-8, 2024
- Oct. 11-13, 2024
- Oct. 17-20, 2024
- Registration is by crew.
- Each crew must be a minimum of 6 participants and a maximum of 8 participants.
- All participants must be age 11 and older.
- Each crew must have a minimum of 2 adults and those adults must meet the leadership requirements as determined by the Guide to Safe Scouting and Youth Protection.
- Adults must have completed youth protection training, hazardous weather training and one adult on each crew must have First Aid and CPR training.
Sample Weekly Schedule:
- Arrive at Northern Tier between 1:00 and 3:00 pm, shakedown, outfitting, dinner and orientation
- Breakfast on base, check out canoes and hit the trail!
- Enjoy your time in wilderness!
- Return to Base by 11:00 am, check in gear, enjoy a hot lunch, shower and pack up to head for home.
Fees and Payment Information:
- Cost for this program is $2,000 per crew.
- A $250 deposit due at reservation
- 10% 30 days later
- Balance due 90 days out
- Northern Tier Refund Policy:
All fees (including deposit) are non-refundable and nontransferable in the event of cancellation. Be cautious of making reservations or paying fees for those who have not made a financial commitment. Northern Tier High Adventure Programs must commit financial resources to employ staff, purchase food and supplies, and prepare for base operations. Participants therefore, are also required to make a financial commitment to attend. Be conservative in making reservations to avoid losing fees due to cancellations.