Canoe the beautiful Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness during the fall, taking in the spectacular change in seasons. Customize your trip to be a fishing trip! With the winter months just ahead, autumn is feeding time for most species of fish. Catch Walleye, Northern Pike, Small-mouth Bass and pan fish at any time of day and at any depth. Enjoy a great shore lunch or dinner when you return to your campsite. On a custom autumn fishing trip, Northern Tier will provide all the necessary fishing equipment (feel free to bring your own if you prefer).
Northern Tier’s Fishing Adventures are available only in the fall and to Scouts age 14 and older.
- Registration is by crew.
- Each crew must be a minimum of 6 participants and a maximum of 8 participants.
- All participants must be age 14 and older or completed the 8th grade at the time of the trip.
- Each crew must have a minimum of 2 adults and those adults must meet the leadership requirements as determined by the Guide to Safe Scouting and Youth Protection.
- Adults must have completed youth protection training, hazardous weather training and one adult on each crew must have First Aid and CPR training.
Sample Weekly Schedule:
- Arrive at Northern Tier between 1:00 and 3:00 pm, shakedown, outfitting, dinner and orientation
- Breakfast on base, check out canoes and hit the trail!
Tuesday – Thursday:
- Enjoy your time in wilderness!
- Return to Base in the afternoon, check in your gear, dinner on base, closing events
- Breakfast on base and head for home.
Fees and Payment Information:
- Cost for this program is $4,000 per crew.
- A $500 deposit due at reservation
- 30% 60 days later
- Balance due 90 days out
- Northern Tier Refund Policy:
All fees (including deposit) are non-refundable and nontransferable in the event of cancellation. Be cautious of making reservations or paying fees for those who have not made a financial commitment. Northern Tier High Adventure Programs must commit financial resources to employ staff, purchase food and supplies, and prepare for base operations. Participants therefore, are also required to make a financial commitment to attend. Be conservative in making reservations to avoid losing fees due to cancellations.